Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman PNU in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia is a prestigious university exclusively for female students with a mission to produce graduates with academic knowledge of quality and excellence coupled with a keen spirit of volunteerism and civic responsibility.
The College of Languages at PNU had been established eight years ago. The college has developed curricula according to international standards and encourage innovation in language teaching, translation, and scientific research. The College offers 4-years BA in Translation, Applied Linguistics, and English Literature.
The College of Languages is continuing to grow as it strives to achieve excellence, to provide its graduates with the knowledge and skills necessary to become competent citizens. As such, we are continuously seeking excellent candidates for academic, academic support and staff positions. Qualified individuals who wish to be considered as a potential member of a new academic team and to be involved in the design, implementation and evaluation of a Languages and Translation degree program are encouraged to register their application for current positions. Joining our program represents a rare opportunity to share in the early development of the largest female college of languages school in this exciting and progressive country.
Successful faculty applicants are expected to be actively involved in the delivery of our academic programs via teaching and are also expected to be actively engaged in the conduct of innovative trans-disciplinary research in their respective area(s) of specialty.
Information pertaining to this university can be found at the PNU website http://www.pnu.edu.sa/arr/Pages/default.aspx
If you are qualified, highly motivated and interested in applying for one of the positions below, please contact email@example.com
to fill the required forms with your CV and copies of your qualifications and teaching experience certificates
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor in Languages and Translation (FEMALES ONLY) in any one of the areas of specialization:
- Computational Linguistics.
- Corpus Linguistics.
- English / Arabic Interpreting- French/Arabic Interpreting.
- English/ Arabic Written Translation -French/Arabic Written Translation.
- Translation Technology.
- Computer-Assisted Translation.
- French Language – Linguistics.
- Qualifications: PhD or equivalent.
Candidates applying for this position should fulfill the following criteria:
- Positions are available only for female candidates.
- Qualifications should have been awarded for full-time courses and by accredited universities or academic institutions (part-time qualifications are not acceptable).
- For the last qualification obtained, the applicants GPA or equivalent should at least be very good.
- Proficiency in oral and written English/French and computer technology, particularly Microsoft Office.
- A minimum of 1 years teaching experience in an accredited academic institution.
The benefits include the following:
- Competitive tax-free salaries (negotiable) based on qualifications and experience.
- Modern accommodation on campus or annual housing allowance.
- Annual airline ticket to and from country of origin.
- 60 days annual paid vacation.
- Children’s education allowance.
- Monthly local transportation allowance.
- Health coverage at government health facilities.
- End-of-contract service package (after 2 years).